Search Flex Samples

Flex samples Interactive Calendar

This is a proof of concept demo for an interactive Flex Calendar component I’ve been putting together in my spare time. I expect to have the code up for download in a couple of days, but in the meantime, here’s a sample app you can use to try it out:
* Flex Calendar Display
Let me answer a few questions you might have…
* What am I looking at?
This is a sample Calendar component I’ve been playing around with.
* Where’s the source?
You can download a zip file with all the source from here. The main Calendar component is fully commented, although at this point none of the supporting files are.
* The Source isn’t working for me!
If there’s a file missing, please let me know by leaving a comment here. If you have general questions about the source, features, etc, you can leave a comment, but I can’t guarantee I’ll have the time to answer.
* Cool! Is this the one Adobe Consulting is building?
Nope. They’re building a scheduling component, and will be much more full featured than this. This one is buggy, and more of a proof of concept I’ve been working on.”But worth checking out for some inspiration. At least to tide you over until they release theirs :).
* I don’t see any data!
Yeah, the server’s a little slow. Just be patient.
* Cool, now I see data. What can I do?”
Here are some things to try:
click the left and right arrows at the top right.
click the month/year/day buttons to change the view.
click on the small calendar to go right to a day.
now shift click on a different day on the small calendar to select a range
try selecting large and small ranges…2 days, 2 weeks, etc.
in the month view, click and drag an event to move it from day to day
in the day view, click and drag an event to change its duration or start time
in month view, you can click on a day (not an event…the day background) to zoom to that day.” +
* Cool. How do I load more data?
click the ‘Add Calendar’ button under the ‘default’ legend on the left.
* What can I load?
There’s two default calendars to choose from. Make sure to pick a color, and enter a name.
* Is that it?
Well, it’s loading ics files, so in theory you could put in any ics url (i.e., a google calendar). But the ics parsing is ” + really rudimentary…just enough to get some data in I could work with…so don’t hold your breath.
* Hey! I found a bug!
I certainly hope so! If you didn’t, you probably weren’t using it at all. Like I said, it’s a proof of concept.
* Cool. Can I use this?
By all means. I’ll be posting the code in a little while.
* I really want this, but it’s too buggy!
I’ve got to get back to actually working on the SDK…so I’m looking for someone (or someones) to take over this code. Are you volunteering?
* Where’s the source?
Weren’t you reading above? You can download a zip file with all the source from here. The main Calendar component is fully commented, although at this point none of the supporting files are.

3 comments:

Mike said...

We are working on the flex calendar / schedule component. Check it out here: http://flex-calendar.com/demo . Comments and suggestions most welcome!

Mike said...

Proper link Flex Calendar Component Demo

Mike said...

Jee this blogger thing is funny. One more time Demo

Related Flex Samples

Learn Flex: Flex Samples | Flex Video Tutorials Flex Examples